Once the land of promise and opportunity, California today is on the brink of financial insolvency, thanks to the failed policies of the Liberal Democrats and the timidity of “me-too” Republicans.
- We have the highest income tax rate in the nation, and rank dead last in friendliness to business.
- We have the highest poverty rate in the country.
- Our unfunded public pension liability is double that of any other state and we haven’t even begun to fund our huge public retiree health care liability.
- Our regressive taxes are hurting the middle class, with the highest state sales tax, and outrageously high traffic fines and utility rates,
- AND if you felt under-taxed before, the California Legislature recently passed an incredible 52 Billion Dollar gas tax increase.
It’s time to fight back, not by trying to out-spend and out-tax the Democrats, but by taking our government back.
The only possible way to rescue California from a likely financial melt-down is to unshackle small business, roll back oppressive regulations and focus on economic growth.
That will be my primary policy focus as Governor. If you agree that it’s time to fight back – and I hope that you do – them I urge you to join Team Cox today.